Keen® Healthcare canes and crutches are made to get you where you need to be and with innovations that address the many issues that plague millions of cane and crutch users today Keen® has an mobility-aid that is perfect for you. Using crutches or a cane to help keep your weight off your injured or weak leg can be daunting; our products will assist with balance, enabling you to perform your daily activities more safely.
When purchasing any cane or crutch consider these points :
- When you are first learning to use your walking aid, you may wish to have a friend or family member nearby to help steady you and give you support.
- In the beginning, everything you do may seem more difficult.
- With just a few tips and a little practice, though, most people are able to quickly gain confidence and learn how to use a walking aid safely.
- When standing up straight, the top of your crutches should be about 1-2 inches below your armpits.
- The handgrips of the crutches should be even with the top of your hip line & your elbows should be slightly bent when you hold the handgrips.
- To avoid damage to the nerves and blood vessels in your armpit, your weight should rest on your hands, not on the underarm supports.