Keen® Healthcare Wheelchair Cushions are made to provide support to users who spend extended amounts of time in a wheelchair. Some of our cushions are designed to address specific positioning needs, while others are for skin protection and comfort. Regardless of the specific needs Keen® has a cushion that will work for you!
Keen® Healthcare Wheelchair Cushions are available in two covers. Though made of different materials both covers feature 4-way stretch 100% latex-free fabrics that maintain the cushions low shearing qualities for pressure ulcer prevention and/or treatment. Both materials are extremely easy to wash or disinfect. [Machine washable (warm water), air dry, do not bleach]. Both covers also feature water resistant zippers with a waterfall feature to protect zipper from food particles, dirt, and liquids. Both also feature a PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) coated polyester base that creates a non-skid, waterproof surface and an a ‘back’ label for caregiver ease in use.
(CLICK HERE to learn about Keen® cover options.)
When purchasing any Wheelchair Cushion consider these points :
- A seat cushion’s size should be matched to the wheelchair’s seat size.
- Thickness of the cushion should be considered to address the correct seat to floor height.
- Choose the cushion that best fits the needs for pressure management and positioning.
- If there’s a chance that the cushion will be exposed to fluids, an incontinence cover should be used.
- Inspect the cushion regularly for any damage or wear.
- Most cushions have an optimal use life span of two to three years, so for proper performance, replace a cushion when needed.