Keen® Journey™ Wheelchair Cushions are made to provide maximum support to users who spend extended amounts of time in a wheelchair. Always innovating Keen® has been developed technologies that address many of today’s most serious and most aggravating problems with long-term sitting. Our cushions are built to address a variety of issues; some are designed for those who have specific positioning needs while others are engineered for skin protection and comfort. Regardless of the specific needs Keen® has a cushion that will work for you!
All Keen® cushions offer skin protection. Many diverse factors, including patient weight, diet, condition, age, mobility and history should be considered when determining a proper seating solution. Weight recommendations are general guidelines only.
- A seat cushion’s size should be matched to the wheelchair’s seat size.
- Cushion weight capacities ensure the product will function properly. Use them for maximum effectiveness and comfort.
- Thickness of the cushion should be considered to address the correct seat to floor height.
- Choose the cushion that best fits the needs for pressure management and positioning.
- If there’s a chance that the cushion will be exposed to fluids, an incontinence cover should be used.
- Inspect the cushion regularly for any damage or wear.
- Most cushions have an optimal use life span of two to three years, so for proper performance, replace a cushion when needed.
- Having the proper wheelchair cushion is imperative. If you need assistance please contact us. We are happy to help!